DEBRIS experimental setup is intended to investigate the hydrodynamic effects in case of pipeline ruptures at VVER NPPs.
DEBRIS experimental setup allows:
- to examine the parameters of debris formed close to piping ruptures and the hydrodynamic effects of water jets, shockwaves, reactive forces, as well as the wave effects on removable and non-removable pipe insulation covers in case of pipeline ruptures at VVER NPPs
- to carry out the experiments to verify computer codes and to simulate and assess disruption of insulation covers for different pipelines and equipment components
|Max work pressure, MPa||17|
|Operating environment||water, air, steam|
|Max work temperature, °С||300|
|Max diameter of ruptured pipeline, mm||60|
DEBRIS experimental setup:
- NPP pipeline model
- bursting disk assembly that serves as a ruptured pipeline
- support frame for targets
- air compressor
- experimental measurement system
- data acquisition and control system of a large-scale facility
In experiments a water get is simulated flowing out of a ruptured pipeline of VVER NPP.