Standardized test rigs for calibration and adjustment of shipborne instrumented water chemistry laboratories are used to prepare calibration solutions of given mass concentration of calibrating components with specified preparation errors.
STRCAs are used in the chemical laboratories of the Russian Federation Navy.
STRCA is used for on-stream preparation of the following calibration solutions:
- with mass concentration of dissolved salt (for NaCl) ranging from 0.02 to 5.0 mg/dm3;
- with mass concentration of dissolved oxygen ranging from 0.01 to 0.5 mg/dm3 for;
- with mass concentration of chloride ions ranging from 0.005 to 0.2 mg/dm3.
Absolute error for maintenance of the above-mentioned parameters is no more than:
- ±0.013 mg/dm3 and ±0.04 mg/dm3 for dissolved salt mass concentration ranging from 0.02 to 1.5 mg/dm3 and from 1.5 to 5.0 mg/dm3, respectively;
- ±0.01 mg/dm3 for dissolved oxygen;
- ±0.003 mg/dm3 for chloride ions.
STRCA is used to prepare calibration solutions having the salinity of turbine oil water sludge in the range from 10 to 150 mg/dm3 and with the admissible absolute error being no more than ±1.0 mg/dm3. STRCA can be used to prepare calibration solutions with the specified water content in the following turbine oils:
- oil of 46Т 46ТСкп Russian grade used to produce calibration solutions with water content ranging from 0.5 to 2.5 % and with the admissible absolute error of water volume fraction being no more than ±0.03 %;
- oil of Б3В of Russian grade used to produce calibration solutions with water content ranging from 1 to 7 % and with the admissible absolute error of water volume fraction being no more than ±0.08 %.
After being switched on, STRCA is available for service after 2 hours 30 minutes of operation.
If operated under design conditions, STRCA consumes no more than 5 kVA. If in operation, STRCA produces total noise of no more than 70 dB. STRCA operates on a 12-hour cycle basis. The probability of STRCA failure-free operation for one year is at least 0.95. STRCA life time is 15 years including storage.
Standardized test rig for calibration and adjustment is entered in the State Register of Measuring Equipment as a military-oriented instrument with No. 25712-03.