Multifunctional display editor (MDE) is a software product intended to automate the development of training simulators and modeling systems of nuclear power installations.
MDE is intended to perform the entire work cycle including designing, debugging, and handling of 2D/3D axonometric vector diagrams and text format objects of high image quality meeting the SVG-1.1 requirements.
- development of dynamic displays, screen forms, control windows, mimic diagrams etc.;
- development of graphics objects and their components;
- designing and debugging of dynamic behavior of graphics objects;
- designing and debugging of simulation models and command scripts in ECMAScript language;
- use of ECMAScript run-time environment as a computational server.
MDE can be connected to and execute computation operations in the TERMIT, SimInTech, and LabView environments intended for development of training simulators and modeling systems. The list of connectable environments can be extended.
MDE is specially used to develop the videoframes presenting the changed input data used in designing of visualization tools and methods. The input data can be changed in case of:
- development of a modelling system going before designing of a simulated object and its components (control panels, mnemonic panels etc.);
- design validation;
- upgrading of modelling systems if a simulated object is repaired/improved;
- change of graphic interfaces.
MDE is a set of subprograms for designing of videoframes (graphic objects, dynamic behavior of objects, templates etc.).
- Special-purpose graphic subprograms for designing:
- vector graphical schemes: videoframes, control windows, mimic diagrams etc.;
- object/group types, link types, element types;
- graphic parameters (color, gradient, font etc.);
- object palette;
- display and control dynamics;
- command scripts in ECMAScripts language;
- Dynamic display system;
- Raster image import/export module intended to import the textures and export the images designed in MDE;
- Module for import of graphic objects and videoframes from PORTAL environment.
MDE time-response characteristics:
- high-frequent screen update during dynamic display of vector graphical schemes (more than FPS 50);
- fast generation of vector graphic objects and fast reading/recording of saturated schemes consisting of more than 1000 objects for 0.5 s;
- fast connection to data source.
- if one type of a graphic object is modified, all objects of this type are visually updated in the windows opened in the current session;
- undo/redo commands for modification of graphic object types and their libraries;
- use of open text format of MDE graphics library files;
- wide range of operations for editing the graphic objects and videoframes within dynamic display session including viewing and updating of simulated parameter values (variables).
MDE has a wide range of tools to edit the structure and properties of graphic objects which is of great importance in design process.
The above technical capabilities allow for reduction of time and labor costs for development of dynamic displays and their components in order to shorten the time for development and debugging of modeling systems.
Contact us for technical assistance
Required fields are marked with an asterisk.